Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Well, this blogging and visiting has turned out to be very time consuming but I love, love, love it. So great to meet such talented cardmakers and everyone is so positive. Everyone in this world knows Darnell. She has single-handedly linked all bloggers together for the good of cardmaking. Darnell, you are terrific. Okay, I tried smacking acetate first thing this morning. Did it three times. Nope. I forgot to put it on the glossy paper. I needed to make a card for my friend that was here last week. She had a partial knee replacement today and I wanted to get it in the mail tomorrow so I went a different direction. She lives about 45 minutes away but we get together once a month to shop, eat and see a movie. We rented a house and lived with two other girls when we were all younger and we all met our husbands when we lived there!  Been friends a long time.  Here is her card. It's a hero arts stamp inked with coastal cabana. I think she will laugh at the greeting!  I couldn't get the card to stretch out like it should be. Don't know what happened to it but you get the idea. Be kind to each other.


2 comments:

MaryH said...

Hi Brenda, just saw your comment over at Mrs. A, and that you were a new blogger. Popped over to say hi, take a peek around. Had to chuckle at your saying everyone knows Our Darnell! Isn't she a peach (and a talented one at that!). You'll have to visit us on Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground too...a lovely group of talented generous cardmakers. Such fun. I love your card (I haven't tried smacking acetate yet either). I've been blogging a little over a year. It's such fun, scary at first, but so many willing to give help if you ask. I'll invite you to visit me when you can, will join as a follower here, and then go browse some other posts here on your blog. TFS

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful card Brenda!
Love the serenity and natural elegance here ;)
TFS~