Friday, March 14, 2014

I know you won't believe this, but I had to take my computer back to Staples last night!!!! It was working fine but late yesterday afternoon a window popped up and said my security software had run out and I was not protected. Click here and renew for 60 days. WHAT? When Ben configured my computer he loaded Norton. I have the folder he left with the product number and all. I called Staples (whose number I also know by heart as well as Comcast) and explained the issue. They said that Norton has to be loaded in the store so my computer only had the 30 day trial on it. So back over I went. The only saving grace about all this is that I got a laptop and not a desktop. I told them that was my last trip.

I only did one of three of today's cards in class. I've done the plaid one in the other class and I'm taking this to learn new things so I didn't do that one again. I only had time to do one, so this is the one for today. It did not traumatize me and I like it. Be kind to one another. I will be posting this in the gallery on http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/CS3/days-5-6-student-gallery-backgrounds-into-the-foreground/ page.  Also just wanted to tell you I am reading an amazing book on anti-gravity. I just can't put it down. Sorry!





 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brenda, sorry to hear about your computer. You must get a Mac, they are awesome and they don't crash and I never worry about viruses. (Thats just my opinion, lol) Your card is beautiful. Clean and Simple and the you just stands out beautiful.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Problems with computers will plaque us till we die...I guess. I am not looking forward to having to get a new computer......I have till the 8th of april before I have to start looking. Windows says 4/8 XP will not be working...or what ever is going to happen at that time. Wonder if XP will crash on 4/8.

Remember in 2000 they said all computers would crash because they were changing over into a new century....but nothing happened...was all hype. Hoping that is what will happen now.

Card is cute.

Mrs A. said...

Thank you for your very kind message. Much appreciated. Having had cats in the house for the past 28yrs it has hit us like a brick that we now have none left. The house is sooooo empty without him.
Can't believe that you have had to take your computer back AGAIN!! It must be abel to do the journey on its own now. Hope it is all finally fixed for good . hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

What a great uplifting card Brenda! I love the C&S style of this card, but the big "you" just starts things right off with the encouragement. This is a great card for anyone who needs this extra encouraging. I hope this is your last time to take your computer in to Staples! lol What we don't have to go through for technology! Hugs my friend!

Greta said...

Aren't computer problems the worst?! I get so frustrated, not knowing enough to solve them myself. I sure hope our Staples isn't one that closes. Your card came out great, Brenda!

MaryH said...

Brenda, I feel for you on the computer problems. Staples should have given you the software disk so that you could reload yourself! When you buy a pc, a lot of the trial software is for 3 months. (That is STAPLES doing that!). You will need to get a 12 month subscription unless staples provides it. You want to get the software disks that come with your laptop so YOU (or someone you know) can reload software when there is a problem. Ask the Staples people about this, and make them explain why they are not giving you the software disks that you purchased as part of the pc price. Virus stuff is usually loaded for the 3month trial & you are not told that. Microsoft has a very good free one at their website. Loved YOUR card! That is so fabulous. I'm impressed that you've already got all these great dies. I have some of the class ones in a cart, but not submitted it as yet. I love your take on the class card. In fact, I think I like yours better than a couple I saw in the class! Off to look at an earlier class homework post. Stay cool & stay warm. We have rain today. Hugs & TFS

Joni Andaya said...

Gorgeous CAS Brenda! Love this :)

Emily Keaton said...

Wow, what an AWESOME creation, Brenda! I really love how this card turned out. A CAS beauty!!