Saturday, June 28, 2014

Quick update.  I got the number of the local Marine Corp. League in Indy. I left a message and he called the next day. I told him that I had talked to so many people and the Marine Corp. and they said they couldn't help me because we are in Indiana. What a load of crap. After all the calls I've made I have stayed patient and nice, but that was the straw that put me over the edge. I gave him the numbers I had and he called them. Yes they do  have hubby's records sent from St. Louis. They said, "his DD 214 was in disarray and they couldn't get any information from it. They need to reconstruct it and prove that he served in the Marines" What? What does disarray mean? If they received documents from St. Louis that should prove he served. I want to know how many forms do you have and how many do you need and what are they. They said it would take a long time to reconstruct. Well, they have had it since January. The man that called me got a name and number of the person that is head of records and I called her after I spoke with him. She had an answering machine (of course) and I left a message. She said she does return calls in 2 days so I should hear from her Monday or Tuesday. This blog will not become a VA blog. As soon as I hear from them it will be wait and see. Just because I'm bored doesn't mean you have to be!

I went to a stamp store Thursday and discovered StampScapes. They are stamps you can make all kinds of scenes with. I made one at the stamp store but I think the heat faded it out by the time I got home. I'm posting it but you may not be able to see it! It was in the car for a long time and it was hot. It's on glossy paper and I think that's what caused the fading. This was made with three different stamps. The scene, waves and moon stamps. The possibilities are endless. Be kind to one another. Oh, and a tiny little fisherman in his boat stamp.


6 comments:

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh those StampScapes are fun to work with, I have a few also...need to pull them out and play. Hope your VA problems are working out.

Hard to understand how "they" can know everything about us BUT your husbands documents are in disarrary.....something is fishy in St. Louis and Washington DC!! Have a good weekend and make some iced tea!!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous scenic card Brenda. Hope you get things sorted really soon, Cathy x

MaryH said...

Bless your poor suffering & patient heart with all this run-around. I hope THIS time will be the charm and you have gotten to someone who can help you. This 'disarray' excuse sounds like what we got with the "can't prove he was ever serving in V.Nam" business. (and he did TWO tours!). Hope you can get this aggravating, frustrating issue solved! Yay for Stampscapes. I have to remember that I have some of these stamps from long ago. They are wonderful to work with, and you've done such a pretty card with this scene. Love the ripples in the pool and the gloomy cloudy sky. These individual stamps make the most intriguing scenes. Check out Shaz in Oz - she does some fantastic work with SScapes. Can't wait to see your next work with them too! TFS & Hugs. Good luck this week.

Brenda said...

Wow I am loving this card Brenda!! That scene is amazing, the details are amazing! I hope and pray that your VA problems get worked out soon Brenda. Our veterans shouldn't be treated this way and I'm sorry it is happening to you and hubby. You will be in my prayers my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Darnell said...

Honestly, Brenda, I couldn't say it any better than Mary did. Normally I don't read other people's comments, especially not before I comment because they tend to make my own spontaneous words fly out of my head. But my eyes caught on Mary's comment and I agree with her, even about Shaz! Your beautiful scene is still outstanding, even after being in the heat!

Your situation with the VA is so incredibly depressing. What country do we live in that we have come to this? It just occurred to me - since very little is done by phone any more, have you tried the online VA websites for their "contact us" popup boxes? I suppose it would seem like starting over and I know you want to talk to real people, but sadly, that's hard to do any more. Also, have you googled to see if there are any new support groups forming now, as a result of all the publicity about the vets dying while waiting for service? Something like 'Support Groups for Forgotten Vets" or the like? Those group websites sometimes have FAQs or forums which can be helpful. Do keep us posted, Brenda. It is not boring. We are pulling for you and hate to see this kind of bullshit happening! I'm pulling for you and praying for you!! Lots of hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Brenda! I've always thought StampScapes were beautiful, but too much artistic ability needed for me. So sorry you're having such problems with the VA.