Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I finally got to sit on the new patio yesterday. It was the most peaceful time I've experienced in a long time. Just God, me and nature. It was so quiet. Small little white clouds and bright blue sky, the greenest grass, a flock of birds nesting in the treetops over in the field and the sweetest black and orange little bitty butterfly that kept landing on the patio. Molly laid in the grass and at one time the butterfly landed on her ear. I had my book and water but I couldn't read very long. I would hear a plane go over and I love that so I'd have to stop and watch till it disappeared. It was wonderful. The patio looks so small in the picture but it is not that small. After lunch I got busy in my craft room and worked on some cards. Today's card is from day 2 of Online Cards Stretch Your Stamps 2 with Laura Sterckx of http://www.makingcardsisfun.com/. She is only 17 and makes the most beautiful cards. Mine didn't look ombre but I'm happy with it. Then last night we had a  huge thunderstorm. Two schools are without power this morning along with many neighborhoods and we have lots of fog. Be kind to one another.




8 comments:

Marybeth said...

Sound like you know how to enjoy the simple blessing in life! Gorgeous card...wow that is so pretty. We would love some rain here in CA!

Liz said...

Sounds like you've had a lovely, relaxing day as, well as producing a beautiful card. xx

Sue - said...

Glad you enjoyed your peaceful time out on your new patio! Your card is lovely.

Di said...

Oh how lovely Brenda - that looks so peaceful and inviting. I'll call round sometime (just the small matter of getting to the USA first!).

Wishing you many happy hours - and I adore your Molly :)

Hugs, Di xx

Darnell said...

Great to see you had a chance to get out and enjoy the beautiful new patio, Brenda! The day sounded heavenly, especially since it turned so nasty that night! I loved seeing Molly, too, and your homework card from class is fantastic! Great job on the ombre coloring!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Oh how gorgeous, Brenda! Love the colors you used! Such a cute picture of Molly--glad she's loosing the weight. The most thunder & lightening I've ever seen was in Indy, but we came very close to it this year at our house. So glad Fritz isn't bothered by thunder!

MaryH said...

I can see that Molly is enjoying this lovely grass next to your nice patio. It looks very relaxing indeed, and hopefully you'll get lots of enjoyment over the autumn & before it's too cold to be outside. You did a super job on your pretty card too. I'm so happy you took this class (and I should have too!). Enjoy some peace whenever you get the chance, and thanks for sharing the lovely card. Hugs

Brenda said...

I think that your patio is the perfect size Brenda! It looks so peaceful and relaxing out there. I know I love being outside too reading and just enjoying nature. Your Molly lays out in the grass sunning herself the same way as my little Pockets does. lol They enjoy the great outdoors too. I love your card Brenda, it looks like you did pretty good with the ombre effect to me! Looks like the classes are paying off too, one that I would like to take, so hopefully when life settles down and I'm in because it is too cool out I can take it. Hugs, Brenda