Monday, February 9, 2015

Our beautiful warm days are over for now. It didn't last long enough! I'd like you to meet my newest follower Traci of http://cricutjunkiecreations.blogspot.com/.  She is in southern California and as her blog says, she is a Cricut junkie and makes some really cute things.

First I want to thank all of you who answered about the Wink of Stella pen. I'm embarrassed to tell you that I don't think I was shaking it enough. I shook it up and tried again and it doesn't look so silver. The white one when shaken looks silver to start with, then goes to white. I need to be taken by the hand and walked through instructions! Then slapped for good measure.

Second, thank you all for telling me your plates have warped too. KathyK of http://purpliciousprincessdiaries.blogspot.com/ sent me a link to straighten out the plastic plates. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppSvvdZ_-L8 is the youtube video. Chrissie of http://simply-one-of-a-kind.blogspot.com/ said to flip the metal plate each time. I was truly stunned when it curled so bad the first time I used it. I say it all the time, stampers are the greatest. Thanks for sharing all these tips and ways to fix things.

My card today is for my grandson in college. I didn't want it to be girly and fancy so this is what I came up with. I saw a video that France Martin of http://www.frenchiestamps.com/ did about drywall tape. I colored a piece of tape aqua with a marker. I have had that tape at least five years and had never used it. I taped it over cardstock and ran it through the Cuttlebug with a heart die, on brown paper and on white.  I am so pleased with the result and it looks sorta of guy looking. I glued the patterned paper (which I hardly ever use even though my craft room is overrun with it) to card stock and stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn in brown ink. Drywall tape is self adhestive so no problem there. Be kind to one another. I am entering this card in


and http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com/





15 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so pretty

Lisa said...

This is beautiful!! The hearts look amazing!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

MaryH said...

No slapping! We all go through this, and it's wonderful to know advice is as near as your blog, isn't it? Stampers are awesome. Love your guy card. What a perfect way to masculine up those hearts - would never have thought to use the drywall tape & color it, but it's really very effective. He'll be so happy you thought of him, and love this card. Your beautiful rose arrived today. I'm blown away by your shading. I'd hate for you to see my 1st efforts in marker coloring...truly you did a fantastic job. I was so happy to see what use you've put that stamp to, and we both really enjoyed the card. Mr echoed what I just said about my 1st tries! (he didn't say that at the time though. I can always tell when he's being 'nice' and when he's being honest!!). Good for you and I'm looking forward to seeing more marker work. You've got the touch for it! TFS & Big Hugs.

Cricutjunkie said...

Brenda, thanks for the shout out I really appreciate it. You did an amazing job on the masculine hearts. I would have never though to color drywall tape. Keep up the good work and welcome to crafting neighborhood. Traci xx

Di said...

Oh what a brilliant idea Brenda! No slapping for you my girl - you're such a clever sausage and think up some really clever things. LOVE this card and it is perfect for a chap I agree - whether he's a builder or not :))

Hugs

Di xx

Liz said...

Brilliant card for a male - they are so difficult to make, but you've done a great job. Glad you've sorted out the problem with your pens. xx

Darnell said...

You're quick on the draw with this entry for CASology's love word, Brenda! It's such a great design for a guy with the dry wall tape and your grandson will adore it! Gosh, everyone is being so nice. I'll slap you for good measure! LOL! Remember when we would have a slap "to grown on" for our birthdays?! Hugs, Darnell

Crystal Komara said...

Hi Brenda, I love a holiday themed card that isn't the "traditional" colors of that holiday - such as your choicse of blues and browns for Valentine's. I love your thinking outside of the box! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week!

Judy1223 said...

Brenda, what a super Valentine for your grandson...very CAS and masculine! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

Love those cool hearts - such a great effect from the drywall tape! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Sarah said...

Great card Brenda! Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

Brenda said...

I was just like you when it came to the wink of stella pen Brenda! lol But I think I got it now too. I was stunned when my metal shim curled, but thought ok, and just went with it. Dry wall tape is fabulous for many things crafty! Some use it to line their die cut letters up straight, it also lets them put the glue on the letters and then they pick up the tape with the letters and glue and put it on their layout, pulling the tape off then leaving behind the letters. I love, love how you used the dry wall tape Brenda!! I also love that you colored it. I say you did a great job of not making this valentine girly, it's perfect for a grandson!!! Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

I was just like you when it came to the wink of stella pen Brenda! lol But I think I got it now too. I was stunned when my metal shim curled, but thought ok, and just went with it. Dry wall tape is fabulous for many things crafty! Some use it to line their die cut letters up straight, it also lets them put the glue on the letters and then they pick up the tape with the letters and glue and put it on their layout, pulling the tape off then leaving behind the letters. I love, love how you used the dry wall tape Brenda!! I also love that you colored it. I say you did a great job of not making this valentine girly, it's perfect for a grandson!!! Hugs, Brenda

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

What a sweet card for your grandson, Brenda! That's wonderful that you take the time to make and send him a card. Thanks for playing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara H.

Greta said...

What a neat effect! I know your grandson loved getting this Valentine, Brenda! Glad you figured out the WOS pens. I noticed, too, they really have to be shaken.