Saturday, February 27, 2016

Painting is finished and it looks wonderful. They did an amazing job in such a short time. Tuesday night they left without hooking back up the cable and I had no computer or phone service and I couldn't get in to hook it up. Yesterday I found they didn't plug the washer back in and I couldn't pull it out and plug it in to do laundry! They aren't good with details like that, but the house looks nice. I have been busy cleaning up after them with drywall dust and little chunks of mud. I had just done all the walls and baseboards before they came and now I'm redoing them along with polishing the furniture from the dust. I can't imagine what the carpet people will do! Everything I own is on the sunporch, in the sunroom, bathtub and garage. I'm showing you below. It started out so nice and tidy. As it got closer to the time they were coming things just got piled in. Took a long time to find my camera.

I miss sitting at the computer and really making cards most. The housecleaning is not the fun I imagined. I mopped the kitchen and both bathrooms on my knees just to make sure they were clean. I have one more closet to empty this morning and several little things to haul out and I am ready for carpet people. Some things I had to bring back in just to live here so it will have to go as well. At least the kitchen and bathrooms are back in business. I kind of like having no stuff in the rooms. It is bare but sure is easy to dust!The first three pictures are the sunroom. You can see the three windows but the room is smaller than the bedroom. The next two are the sunporch. I have the two outside chairs in front of the furniture so I don't have to carry them around to the garage. The last two are the garage. Keep in mind I carried all this stuff out. Now you know where I have been. I can't even think about bringing all this stuff back in. It just won't happen.  I'm afraid to move the car for fear I'll run over something when I come back. Valentines next time. Be kind to one another.








7 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow Brenda! What a huge task. It does sound as if you are getting closer and closer to your goal though, which is great. I have a terrible mess in my craft room too with no excuses, not game to take any pics lol! Cathy x

Lisa said...

Oh wow, what a huge undertaking, Brenda!! I'm glad you are getting closer to the end and that the paint looks fabulous!! Good luck and make sure you rest and take of yourself, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

I do wish I could be there to help, Brenda! The new paint must be wonderful--always makes such a difference, I think. Hope everything ends up feeling worth it & being a place you feel homey & comfortable. Take it easy--no sense overdoing it!

Colleen said...

Oh Brenda, I am so sorry, like Greta said, wish I could be there to help too! I am going to meet Greta in person in two weeks, that is something to look forward to!! Hang in there... you will get there, in the meantime... you have newly painted walls!! Yahoo!! Have a great weekend!!

Darnell said...

Goodness, Brenda, you must be exhausted!! It is sheer adrenaline keeping you going because there is nothing happier for a woman than having her house freshly painted, carpeted, and cleaned on hands and knees! I do hope you aren't overdoing it! I don't want you collapsing when it's finished. You need to get back to your cards when it's right-sided!

I do wish I lived closer to have given you a hand. Of course, then again, I suspect I would have actually been a setback rather than a help because we'd have to stop every few minutes and change our pants!! I can just see your sons or the grands walking in when we were doubled-over, with our legs crossed, tears running down our legs!!

Thank you for today's pictures; I can't wait to see the "after" pictures! I'm glad you got the computer hooked up so you can keep in touch! Love and hugs, Darnell - Special hugs to Molly, too! She must be sooooo confused!!

Brenda said...

You completely amaze me Brenda!!! I'm so in awe of all you have done and a little jealous because I don't think I could do it. lol I have always loved washing the floors up on my hands and knees, but I can't do that anymore because of the arthritis in my knees. Hurts to bad. But look at you, you did! I know what mess you talk about with the painters, and no they don't pay attention to detail at all. But the carpet people should be much better. Although you will have some dust from the carpet, but nothing like you just had. I know the carpet people usually vacuum up after themselves too, much neater! I do wish I lived close to you Brenda because I would have loved to had given you a hand to help you out. Being long distance friends is fabulous until you get to something like this. Then that is when I wish I was close to my online friends. But you are super woman to me and I'm so proud of all you have done. You won't have to worry about getting all back in at once, you can just take your time!! Hugs, Brenda

MaryH said...

I'm catching up with posts I've missed. May I say straight-away, this looks like my basement craft area! And you have been a busy bee moving all this stuff out of where it lived. You'll just have to keep telling yourself, how much you're going to enjoy everything when it's all complete, and you get this massive 'schtuff' back where it belongs, after you sort through. Had to chuckle at reading this post. I'd be feeling the same way. And the same kinds of things would be happening if this were going on around here! Hugs. TFS