Sunday, May 14, 2017

I'm wishing all the mothers here a very happy mothers day. It's a hard job with a wonderful result. Sometimes with several results!  My family all came yesterday and spent the day working in the garage. They took things they wanted (or I forced on them) and helped me move things around and set up tables. Then they took me out to dinner. We had a great time in spite of working. A good friend of ours dropped by and several neighbors stopped in so I can't say we actually worked all day but we got things done.

I recently watched a video on Jennifer McGuire's blog where she used tulle on her card. I was estastic because I bought several rolls for my sons wedding to make some sort of table decorations. Then she found something she really liked and I have lots of tulle. This is a birthday card for my friend Sharon. We have always celebrated our anniversaries and her birthday together. Our 50th anniversary was Saturday so I was glad the family came. It made it easier.  I used a flower from Simon Says Stamp and tulle between the layers. Added some sequins and a sentiment. I love the card and will use tulle again. Be kind to one another.


7 comments:

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, what a busy day you had with so many visitors and taken out for dinner too. Love your card with the tulle instead of using acetate, it looks very pretty and feminine. I have some tulle lurking in the cupboard somewhere. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Cathy said...

This is so pretty Brenda, sounds like you had a fun and productive day. Cathy x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card using the tulle and love that it is a shaker one. Sounds like you had a great day and got lots accomplished too.

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Brenda!! I love the use of the tulle!! It looks amazing!! How fun it's a shaker, too!! Gorgeous card, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue said...

I love it too, Brenda! Great idea to use tuille, I haven't seen it used that way before. The shimmer and sparkle from the sequins is so pretty and the little flower is a perfect embelli.

Brenda said...

Oh Brenda, I am so glad your family was with you for your anniversary and for Mother's Day!!! These anniversaries are not easy I know. I loved this video from JG and thought it was clever! I love how your shaker turned out with the tule. I need to give this a try myself. So many things to try, so little time! lol Hugs my friend! Brenda

Greta said...

Don't know how in the heck I missed this post, so I'm glad today's picture showed this card, too! Absolutely beautiful card, Brenda! I know it must have been a difficult day missing your wonderful hubby. So glad your family came & helped with the garage! It'll be such a good feeling to get things back the way you want them! Hugs, Greta