Wednesday, May 10, 2017

My grandson is graduating from 8th grade and I needed a card for him. A boy card with no bling, flowers, ribbons BUT sparkle. I am taking the Sparkle and Shine online class and this is what I learned the first day. I used a piece of white glitter paper from DCWV and used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to colors stripes on it. Then I used that paper to cut out the Yipee word from Waffle Flower. I stamped the hat from SU and the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp.  I clear embossed the sentiment and went over it with a Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen. I love how it came out, simple for a boy but the glitter colored paper gives it a boost. I will enter this into thehttp://casology.blogspot.com/ that my friend http://suescardcraft.blogspot.com/ gave me a heads up to/ Be kind to one another.






12 comments:

Sue said...

Brenda, I love how it turned out! What a fabulous boy's graduation card. This would be good for the "commencement" challenge at CASology.

Liz said...

Brilliant CAS card, Brenda. Love the design. xx

Marj said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors you used for the Yippee!

Lisa said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Brenda!! I love the CAS design!! The colorful yippee is awesome!! Congrats to your grandson on his graduation!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Brenda said...

Oh, I so wanted to take that class Brenda, glad you are taking it! Looks like you are learning a lot and I love this card! It just say's WOW!!!! I love that you colored the glitter paper, never thought to do that. lol But it looks great and still sparkly. A great masculine card with glitter paper, who knew?!!! Hugs, Brenda

Sue - said...

A lovely cas card Brenda! I'm sure your grandson will love it.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A great card and he will love it.

Greta said...

Absolutely wonderful card, Brenda! I've gotta give that technique a try!

Colleen said...

I think this is a perfect 8th grade graduation card...the Yippee is awesome! My granddaughter is graduating from 8th grade also and I have a senior grandson graduating...can't believe how big the kids are getting! Heart Hugs friend, have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

Joyce said...

This is loads of fun, and perfect for a male graduation. Love the fun coloring of your sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Darnell said...

I'm going backwards trying to catch up with your cards I've missed. I think this CASlicious card is super cool and perfect for your grandson's milestone!! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

This is such fun! So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.